Finally booked your Safari to Africa? The hard part is done, and now comes the fun part - packing :)
Here are our recommended items to be packed for a Safari. The list is comprehesive, so please use your judgement. You don't need everything on this list.
- Your Tickets,
- Travel Insurance (Optional)
- Extra cash
- US Dollars are preferred
- Many lodges don't accept cards
- Cotton dresses
- Cotton pants
- Long sleeved clothes
- Safari trousers to protect from sun burn and insects bite
- Wide brimmed hats
- Scarfs, Bandanna, Sarong
- Swimsuits (if the accommodation you opted for has a swimming pool)
- Warm clothes (jackets, sweaters, pullovers, wraps) for cooler evenings and even for game drives
- Depending on the season of your visit maybe a raincoat.
Avoid black and dark blue clothes as they tend to attract tsetse flies. Avoid white color as well, as it might get dirty during the game drives. Khaki, green, beige and neutral colored clothing recommended.
- Comfortable footwear, Walking shoes and socks, open sandals during warmer months.
- Prescribed medications
- Preventive or emergency (OTC) medicines (incase of headaches, diarrhea, indigestion, sore throat, cold, nose block so on)
- Skin protectors like Sunblock and lip balm (with an SPF of at least 15)
- Wet tissues / Face Wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Other personal toiletries
- Camera with extra pair of batteries
- Insect repellents like creams or patches
- Mosquito net (optional)
- Snacks (if required, we provide 3 meals a day during the safari. If you want additional snacks then that should be carried by you)
Hope this list helps. Happy packing.